When it comes to the security of your house, you can never be too careful. In addition to a trustworthy alarm system and armed reaction service, burglary prevention can be improved by following these easy tips.
• Always lock doors and windows that could provide easy access to your house if you are not in the immediate area.
• Lock all doors to empty rooms when you go to bed to make it difficult for an intruder to move through the house and find a place to hide.
• Open curtains give intruders the chance to see what’s going on in your house before they break in. To prevent this, close your curtains at night.
• Keep your panic button close by so that you can inform your security company of any problems as soon as possible.
• If an unannounced visitor shows up, do not open any doors unless you are sure that it’s someone you know and trust. If anything looks suspicious call the police or inform Python Alarms of your situation immediately.
• If you notice something strange outside your house, do not go outside to investigate alone. Rather switch off your lights, wait for your eyes to become accustomed to the dark and open the curtains to see what’s going on.
• If you notice suspicious people or vehicles outside your house, inform Python Alarms or the police immediately.
• Do not hide keys under pots or in postboxes but rather leave them with a trusted neighbour or family member.
• Leave some lights inside the house on. Thieves usually recognize unoccupied houses by the lights that are burning or off. Houses where only the outside lights and no inside lights are burning, are usually not occupied.
• If you are only going out for the evening, leave the television set on to create the illusion that the house is occupied.
• Do not leave any notes on doors or under carpets that could give intruders an idea of how long you will be away and when you will be coming home.
• Remain as calm as possible.
• If it is possible and safe to do so, try to escape.
• If escape is impossible, try to lock yourself in a secure room.
• Try to commit to your memory as many character traits of your assailants as possible.
• Co-operate with the intruders and only scream for help to avoid serious assault.
• If the intruder tries to leave do not hinder him in any way.
• Activate your alarm in silent mode as soon as possible to ensure that your security company can come to your rescue promptly.
If you do not have a trusted alarm system in your house or you are in need of an armed response service in the Bethlehem, Free State area, contact us for a free no obligation quote and friendly advice.